To readers of this series, thank you for staying with me, this month’s obsessions are something special! I am always scouring Soundcloud and YouTube for new songs, but last week YouTube really stepped up and I downloaded some fab tunes, which I hope you will like and enjoy as much as I do!
As well as the new stuff, I will also pay ‘hommage’ to some incredible French music…
All the songs are so uplifting, so jazzy, so funky, and still fresh after so many years, when I’m wandering the Parisian streets they really hit the spot!
Let’s start with the best…
1) Marvin Gaye – Ain’t That Peculiar (Beshken Remix) – listen to this a couple of times, it’s a grower for sure…I have always loved Marvin Gaye but this brings it to a new level
2) Marvin Gaye – Funk Me (Nelson Leeroy Remix) – super smooth jazz
3) Songhoy Blues – Nick – such a cool new African sound, there’s a lot of it around at the moment, which suits me just fine 🙂
4) Songhoy Blues – Sekou Oumarou – another cool song, slower vibe
5) St Germain – Sure Thing – pure French smooth jazz, from his best album Tourist
6) St Germain – So Flute – groovin’ in Paris
Now for something totally different but so great, last night I eating out in Canal Saint-Martin and Daft Punk came on, and I totally forgot they were French, my French Professeur says this is where house music began…
7) Daft Punk – Da Funk – from the album Homework released in 1997
8) Daft Punk – Around The World – it doesn’t get better than this, I vividly remember when the video came out and watching it on MTV Hits
9) Daft Punk – Revolution 909 – still fresh 20 years later…
Thank you for listening, i’ll be back sometime in June xxxx