Bake Off is back in full swing and along with it my passion for baking. I haven’t actually been massively inspired by the bake off challenges themselves, but just watching other people bake sends my tastebuds into overdrive…or should I say activates my sweet-tooth?Either way I thought I would share with you a cracking banana loaf recipe from previous Bake Off Finalist – Miranda Gore Browne – I have already mentioned on the blog before that I think her Bake me A Cake As Fast As You Can is the best baking book out there. Definitely a perfect Christmas present if any of you are thinking that far ahead.
This recipe makes the most brilliant banana loaf:
- Use 2 really ripe bananas – 1 sliced and the remainder mashed
- 80g of unsalted butter
- 170g of soft brown suger
- 2 large eggs
- 185g of self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- Chopped up Choc or Choc Chips
- Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl
- Add the eggs and whisk at high speed, fold in the flour and all of the other dry ingredients.
- Stir in the mashed bananas and add the slices at the end
- Line your loaf tin, put it in the oven at 180 degrees for 35 minutes.
- JOB DONE